Thursday, August 8, 2013

Florence on film | Baltimore Film Photographer

I usually don't take a lot of landscape photographs but Florence was one of those "How can I NOT?!" places. The swirling skies, the hills & trees, the orange-roofed architecture... Justin and I loved every moment of being in that beautiful old city. We stayed in an amazingly clean and well-run hostel right next to the Arno river, and fell asleep every night with the windows open, listening to musicians with accordions playing traditional Italian songs at the restaurant across the street. Sigh.

Anyway, it's a beautiful place and I was glad I had my film camera with me. All of these photographs were taken with my little Nikon F100 35mm on Kodak Portra film (not really the ideal film choice for landscape, but it turned out just fine). They were developed by Richard Photo Lab so beautifully that I didn't even have to edit them (yes!), so enjoy these views just as I saw them through the lens.















PS Here's what I've been listening to lately: Falling And Laughing by Orange Juice on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment