Monday, June 24, 2013

Sunrise shoot | Annapolis portrait photography


Sometimes I have pictures in my head that take months to actually turn into real photographs. This was one of those times. I had been wanting to do an early sun-drenched shoot on the beach for a while, but my potential models usually gracefully backed out when they heard the word "sunrise". I can't blame them, really, because honestly who likes getting up before the sun?

Enter Savannah. She was not only willing but EXCITED to work on this project, so after some planning we met very early on a freezing Saturday morning, joined by my amazing assistants Bethany and Morgan, and the photos below are the result.

I shot 95% of this on film, and am so glad that I did. The photos look organic and soft and I just love them. Thanks for taking a look!













 


Camera: Nikon F100
Film: Kodak Portra 160, 400
Lab: Richard Photo Lab

2 comments: