Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Studio day | Abby | Baltimore model portfolio photography


There are few things more important in life (and business) than surrounding yourself with good people. This photoshoot was a great example of that truth. So much effort and planning goes into these days--luckily it’s the FUN kind of planning (secret group Pinterest boards & Skype calls, anyone?), but all of that ceases to be fun if the people you are working with are the wet-blanket type. Or the I-can’t-trust/rely-on-you type. Or the I-don’t-contribute type. OR the I-don’t-laugh-at-your-silly-jokes type...those are the worst. ;) 

The girls I worked with on this day were patient, kept a positive attitude even when our makeup artist didn’t show up and we had to improvise, didn’t complain about the heat in our makeshift studio, and were just ON and contributing constantly. I definitely don’t take that for granted. I’m thankful that the day didn’t collapse when a key component of our plan fell through, because it really could have, you know? And the reason it didn’t collapse is because I was working with the right people. So what ended up happening was true teamwork, and we got these lovely photos to boot. 

We used all reflected ambient/natural light for these photos. And isn't Abby lovely? Enjoy!

Assistance by Bethany Conner and Becca Bastian







1 comment:

  1. I promise to always laugh at your silly jokes! Gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete