Saturday, May 9, 2015

Thoughts for Mother's Day

I grew up in a pretty tight-knit community, where the "it takes a village" adage rang true when it came to raising kids. Besides my own truly incredible mom, my friend's moms were a reliable and very present part of my life. My friends and I were just kids but I think we were always aware of how amazing these women were.

Now that I'm old enough to have friends who are moms, my awe of motherhood has only increased. It's not just the sacrifice and rewards, it's the fierce, steady, ever-marching-onward love. I'm not a mother and I don't know if I ever will be, but as I think about all the moms I have the privilege of knowing all I can think of motherhood is this: It actually might be the most beautiful thing in the world.

Here are a few photos I took recently of my dear friend Kristen and her daughter Abbie.






No comments:

Post a Comment